FOCUS AND FEATURES
This course is designed for experienced ACL™ users. In an interactive, hands on environment you will learn how to integrate ACL commands and expressions to accomplish complex data analysis tasks.
You will also practice planning and executing a data analysis project by working through a series of case studies. Through this case-study approach you will learn how to effectively use ACL in real-life situations and discover what it means to think with ACL.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Exhibit proper planning techniques
- Apply ACL in a structured audit analysis process.
- Break analysis objectives into structured, manageable steps.
- Identify and apply the ACL Analytics functionality needed to achieve objectives.
- Use ACL Analytics to import data, prepare data for analysis, analyze data, and report issues.
- Examine data elements and table structures.
- Use best practice methodology.
- Create table layouts for various source data types
- Prepare data for analysis by testing the integrity of data (controls, bounds, completeness, uniqueness, association, and recalculation); critically assessing whether integrity issues will impair analysis objectives.
- Test issues to identify patterns that may be indicative of the cause(s) of issues
- Evaluate data to reveal exceptions
- Document entire scope of analysis and process to be included in working papers and documented issues